The personal safety of each employee while in the performance of his or her work activity is a top priority of the Shasta County office of Education. SCOE is committed to providing funds for risk management programs of safety activities, employee training, environmental testing, and purchase of safety equipment. These funds ensure that all employees have the opportunity to be informed and trained in the highest standard of safe work practices.
The Safety Wellness Awareness Group (SWAG) is a SCOE sponsored committee that meets four times a year to address employee safety concerns and monthly to promote awareness of habits which can improve health and wellbeing in our work place. The SWAG committee also coordinates with the Wellness Plan being offered by the Shasta Trinity School Insurance Group (STSIG). The Safety Wellness Awareness Group (SWAG) will assist Supervisors, Site Administrators and employees in creating a culture of safety and wellness. This requires open lines of communication where employees have the opportunity and are eager to participate in safety and wellness programs.
- Members of SWAG
- Injury and Illness Prevention Program
- Lunch-n-Learn 2017/2018 Schedule To Be Announced
- Current SWAG Challenge
- SWAG Meetings
- Safety Concerns & Suggestions Form
Executive Director-IT, Facilities, Maintenance & Operations
|Co-Program & Co-Safety Admin|
Executive Director-Human Resources
|Co Program & Co-Safety Admin|
|Peter Alexander||Transportation Services|
|Diana Bates||Project SHARE|
|Jilmarie Bentley||Early Childhood Services|
|Cindy Dill||Instructional Services|
|Angelica Hernandez||Early Childhood Services|
|Sue Hunter||Business Services|
|Laura Ingalls||Special Education|
|Kendell Kilborn||Information Technology|
|Michelle Larsen||Nutrition Services|
|Jami Lozoya||Human Resources|
|Dylan McGinn||Transportation Services|
|Jodie VanOrnum||Student Programs|
|Kathleen Wolter||Human Resources|
|Laurie Zambrano||Administrative Services|
The California Code of Regulations (CCR), Title 8, Section 3203, require employers to maintain a safe and healthful workplace for employees. These regulations are enfored by the California Occupational Safety and Health Administration (Cal/OSHA). This IIPP has been developed to provide organizational structure and procedures to assure there are effective programs in place to identify and mitigate actual and potential hazards to the safety and health of SCOE staff, volunteers, and visitors.
SWAG Challenge #1: WATERFALL CHALLENGE
April 1st – May 31, 2017
Opportunity to win one of three grand prizes…Whiskeytown Annual Pass!
Here is how it works:
- Pick up a Waterfall Passport from your Site SWAG Representative.
- Complete at least 2 hikes within the Whiskeytown Waterfall Challenge (select from Whiskeytown Falls, Boulder Creek Falls, Brandy Creek Falls or Crystal Creek Falls) to be entered into a drawing to win the Grand Prize (3 grand prize winners will be selected).
- Submit proof to your Site SWAG Representative of completing 2 hikes within the Whiskeytown Waterfall Challenge. You will need to bring your Waterfall Passport, a pencil or crayon and use the rubbing plate on the hike to make an impression on your passport.
- If you are not interested in hiking the Whiskeytown Waterfalls mentioned above but would still like to participate…no problem! You may select two hikes of your own (minimum of 1.5 miles each).
- Submit proof to your Site SWAG Representative of completing 2 hikes (minimum of 1.5 miles). You will need to submit to your Site SWAG Representative a selfie/group picture at an identifiable sign or landmark at least halfway on the trail or submit a screenshot of Map My Walk or Map My Run (or similar app) that shows completion of the route. You will also need to include a brief summary describing each of your hikes.
- Upon completing two hikes, submit to your Site SWAG Representative your completed Waterfall Passport (with a minimum of 2 rubbings from 2 Whiskeytown Waterfall hikes) or your 2 selfie/group pictures with your written summaries.
- Employees who complete two hikes will be entered into the drawing to receive one of three grand prizes. One raffle ticket for each hike completed (maximum of four tickets for this challenge).
- 3 grand prize winners (organization-wide).
- Grand Prize: Whiskeytown Annual Pass (valid for one year from month of purchase for Whiskeytown and entrance into Lassen Volcanic National Park).
No long term commitment required, but the more you participate, the better your chances are of winning the grand prize!
SWAG Challenge #2: STEP CHALLENGE
April 17th – May 19, 2017
Eligible for a wellness incentive, opportunity for your department to win the Perpetual Trophy, opportunity to win weekly prizes and one of three grand prizes!
Here is how it works:
- Pick up your Step Challenge Tracker Log and sign up with your Site SWAG Representative.
- Track (using a step tracker on your smart phone, a fit bit type device or check out a pedometer from HR) and record your steps on your Step Challenge Tracker Log.
- Check in weekly with your Site SWAG Representative to get your name included in the weekly prize drawings.
- Completion of all 5 weeks will earn you a Wellness Incentive for STSIG. Those who complete the challenge will be reported to STSIG directly through HR or they can have their Site SWAG Representative or HR sign their STSIG tracker form.
- Weekly prizes - Employees will receive one raffle ticket each week when checking in and a second ticket for reaching their goal of increasing their steps by 10% or reaching 10,000 steps daily.
- 3 Grand Prize Winners – if you complete the full 5 week challenge, your name will be included in a drawing for a chance to win 1 of 4 options: urBeats (earbuds), Beats (wireless earbuds), Fitbit Alta HR or Fitbit Alta.
No long term commitment required, join in for a week and see how you like it, or complete all 5 weeks to earn your STSIG wellness incentive. The more you participate, the better your chances of winning a prize (and establishing good habits and increasing your energy level).
See your Site SWAG Representative listed below for further information.
Jilmarie Bentley/Michelle Larsen/Angelica Hernandez
Jami Lozoya/Kathleen Wolter
IT and M&O
Peter Alexander/Dylan McGinn
|SWAG Meeting (Safety Emphasis)||September 21, 2016 at 10:30am||Aspen Conference Room - Magnolia Office|
|SWAG Meeting||October 19, 2016 at 10:00am||Aspen Conference Room - Magnolia Office|
|SWAG Meeting (Safety Emphasis)||November 16, 2016 at 10:30am||Aspen Conference Room - Magnolia Office|
|SWAG Meeting||December 14, 2016 at 10:00am||Aspen Conference Room - Magnolia Office|
|SWAG Meeting||February 15, 2017 at 10:00am||Aspen Conference Room - Magnolia Office|
|SWAG Meeting (Safety Emphasis)||March 15, 2017 at 10:00am||Aspen Conference Room - Magnolia Office|
SWAG Meeting(Safety Emphasis)
May 17, 2017 at 10:00am
|Aspen Conference Room - Magnolia Office|