Tier 1 & Induction Administrative Programs
- Qualifications and Overview
- Tier I Administrative Credential Program
- Tier II Clear Administrative Credential Program
- Aspiring Administrators Academy
The Shasta County Office of Education Preliminary Administrative Services Credential Program is accredited by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC). Our program is designed to prepare future exemplary leaders in Shasta County and Region 2.
- 1 year program
- Classes on Saturday
- Total cost $7,250
For more information click the link below.
All application materials must be submitted on or before June 1, 2017Eligibility:
- Possession of valid California teaching and services credential
- Minimum of five years of teaching experience or related experiences (i.e., school counseling, nursing, psychologist, etc.)
- May start the program with four years, but fifth year must be completed with the program
- Passage and/or proof of registration for CBEST examination
- Completed Application & Personal Leadership Statement
- Completed Payment Contract
- Copy of Transcripts (unofficial)
- Copy of California Teaching Credential and/or Service Credential
- Copy of CBEST verification or proof of registration for CBEST examination
- Letter from Superintendent/Principal endorsing candidate in the program
- Letter of Recommendation
June 1 - Applications Due
May/June - Interviews held for potential candidates
June - Announcement of participants for upcoming program
June 30 - Participants must confirm acceptance
TBA - National Universities Master's Orientation
August - Orientation TBA
September 1 - Payment due
September 9 - First day of Instruction
Want to become an Online Coach?
Under the supervision of the Online Principal-Coach Coordinator, coaches provide online expertise, guidance and coaching to the participants in the Tier I Program. Click here for a copy of the Online Principal-Coach Job Description.
- Two (2) year commitment to Leadership Coaching and support to assigned Tier II Participant
- Maintain certification status as a Leadership Coach through ACSA/NTC
- Stipend of $2,550.00 per candidate
Becoming a Coach
- Complete C.L.A.S.S (Coaching Leadership to Attain Student Success) blended coaching foundational training
- One-day orientation training for New Coaches ONLY
- Complete C-NET 2-day training
- Complete portfolio and submit to New Teacher Center for Leadership Coach Certification
CANCELLED DUE TO LOW ENROLLMENT
The Aspiring Administrator Academy is a Professional Development Opportunity for Teacher Leaders and other school personnel in leadership positions focusing on Educational Leadership and Culture, Curriculum and Instruction, School Finance and Budgeting, Special Education, School Law and Student Discipline, Personnel, Technology in School and practical application of leadership responsibilities. In order to enroll in this program, you must complete an application and be recommended by your site administrator.
The Aspiring Administrators Academy training for the school year is contingent on a minimum of 15 applicants. If we do not receive the minimum 15 applicants, the next offering will be in the fall of 2016/2017.
For additional information and inquiries, please contact Kim McKenzie at 225-0125.