Guidelines/Conditions and Required Documentation
1. The request must be submitted by November 1 preceding the fiscal year for which an LEA proposes to submit a Consolidated Application as an independent applicant. If it is submitted later than November 1st, a special justification should be included, indicating why the waiver request is late.
2. The request must be justified in terms of meeting the needs of students.
3. The request must be necessary for implementing or developing a successful program, not for administrative convenience.
4. The request must be reviewed by the appropriate district and school site council/school advisory committees, and the local board of education.
5. The district must notify the current cooperative director of its intentions to leave the cooperative by January 1st of the school year preceding its submission of the Consolidated Application.
6. The district must be able to document that it is able to improve its programs for students and to administer and implement categorical programs outside of a cooperative as demonstrated by a record of:
Compliant operation of Consolidated Programs,
Timely and correct submissions of the Consolidated Application (and renewal of waivers).
Satisfactory scholastic achievement for student participants of Consolidated Programs, and no sites identified as compensatory education program improvement schools.