Teacher Recruitment Project
The California Center on Teaching Careers (CCTC) managed by the Tulare County Office of Education was established to address the Teacher Shortage in California. Shasta County Office of Education (SCOE) was selected for a 2-year collaboration as a satellite to support the distribution of information and provision of technical assistance. The counties included under our satellite were: Butte, Del Norte, Glenn, Humboldt, Lassen, Modoc, Plumas, Shasta, Siskiyou, Tehama and Trinity. Please visit californiateach.org for additional information.
SCOE actions included:
- Development of a North State recruitment video to highlight the beauty of our surroundings matched with the quality of schools and teaching opportunities
- Technical assistance in accessing the database (visit CaliforniaTeach.org)
- Free registration to Professional Development in Classroom Organization and Management training for the purpose of supporting teachers to stay in the profession.
- Virtual job fair opportunities and career fair representation
- Outreach at local high schools
- Access to regional job advertising licensing