Network Operations Services
Shasta County Office of Education is able to provide many Network Operations Services to client districts. Although all districts utilize technology, the magnitude of technology related needs does not always sustain a full-time on-site IT staff. By providing the services below, we provide a cost effective solution to a specific need.
- Internet Content Filtering
- Block improper sites access and report on blocking activity. The activity reports can then be used to evaluate employee performance or student disciplinary action.
- Firewall Service
- Our Cisco ASA firewalls provide great flexibility to user access without sacrificing security.
- Network Monitoring
- Our system monitors all equipment and our network, providing the ability to alert on any problems; so our staff can begin working on the solution often before our users are even aware they have a problem.
- DNS and DHCP Service
- We provide primary and secondary DNS and DHCP service using fully redundant servers.
All network equipment is housed in a secure, temperature controlled facility. The room power is fully backed by a 30KVA uninterruptible power supply (UPS). The room temperature along with continuous power is monitored 24/7/365 by internal staff as well as off site vendors.