**Current System Status**
Network Operations ServicesShasta County Office of Education is able to provide many Network Operations Services to client districts. Although all districts utilize technology, the magnitude of technology related needs does not always sustain a full-time on-site IT staff. By providing the services below, to name a few, we provide a cost effective solution to a specific need.
- We use the Barracuda anti-spam line of appliances. These devices have won numerous awards and are the industry standard.
- Internet Content Filtering
- SCOE has in place the 8e6 content filter and reporting server. Together these devices provide not only the ability to block improper sites access, but report on blocking activity. The activity reports can then be used to evaluate employee performance or student disciplinary action.
- Firewall Service
- The Cisco ASA firewalls that are in place provide great flexibility in regard to user access without sacrificing security. The ASA firewalls are the industry standard for this appliance.
- Network Monitoring
- The Zenoss open source monitoring system monitors all equipment and our network, providing the ability to alert on any problems; so our technicians can begin working on the solution often before our users are even aware they have a problem.
- DNS and DHCP Service
- SCOE provides primary and secondary DNS service and DHCP service using fully redundant servers.
All of these devices are housed in a secure network room which contains all new switching equipment. The room power is fully backed by a 30KVA uninterruptable power supply (UPS), and is temperature controlled with three RT of refrigeration from three separate units. The room temperature along with continuous power is monitored 24/7/365 by internal staff as well as off site vendors.