- We believe that all students in our community school will graduate from high school prepared to obtain a high-skilled, high wage career.
- We believe that students need to be prepared for to real world occupations and careers, including having the opportunity to earn certifications and college credits while in high school.
- We believe that students in an alternative program benefit from individualized instruction that allows for a program designed for their individual needs and one-on-one or small group interaction with an instructor.
- We believe that making learning relevant to students will results in greater engagement in the educational process.
- We believe that using instructional technology to provide access to course materials enhances student’s ability to be self-directed and to assume responsibility for their progress towards graduation.
To develop educated, socially responsible citizens.
Shasta County Independent Study offers flexible options for personalized/diverse learning to prepare students for college and career readiness.