Districts receiving less than $75,000 in funding through the Consolidated Application (ConApp) are required to be in a Cooperative. The purpose of the cooperative is to reduce duplication of effort and streamline administrative activities.
Benefits from the Co-Op:
Districts who are members of the Shasta County Cooperative benefit from assistance from the Shasta County Office of Education Administrator Support Services Program. The Co-Op assists member districts by preparing and submitting the annual Consolidated Application, consulting with Private Schools, sharing State and Federal monthly updates, providing monthly accountability and assessment newsletters, developing and providing Title I resources, completing state waivers on behalf of districts, providing technical assistance with LCAP and SPSAs, providing technical assistance with school and district plans, delivering School Site Council training, providing assistance for Federal Program Monitoring, and providing one-on-one support that can be tailored to the needs of the district. The SCOE Co-Op works directly with district leadership teams, Site Councils, and building administrators to ensure that Title I guidelines are being met. The Co-Op also provides consultation and on-going training to local districts related to student instructional strategies and student achievement.
Teachers or administrators that belong to the Co-Op may use their Optional Service dollars to attend professional development offered by SCOE staff.
Contracted services in a cooperative may include:
- Budget management and expenditure reporting
- Consolidated Programs planning and administration
- Staff development and advisory committee training
- Program evaluation and improvement
- Preparation for coordinated compliance reviews, and resolution of outstanding compliance issues
- Technical assistance with Site Council requirements
- Technical assistance and one-on-one support with Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) and budget development
- Private school meetings
- Assessment Accountability updates
- State and Federal monthly updates