Early Intervention Program
Serving families of children from birth to three years of age with special needs in Shasta & Tehama counties.
- Comprehensive assessment in all areas of development by a trans-disciplinary team.
- An Individualized Family Service Plan unique to the needs of the child and family.
- Programs for enrolled children and their parents in natural environments designed to meet individual needs.
- Parent education and support meetings.
- Referral to other agencies and services available in the community, as needed, such as Far Northern Regional Center, California Children’s Services and the local Family Resource Center.
- Assessment of needs and transition planning for preschool services at age three.
The Early Intervention Program is staffed by a trans-disciplinary team composed of the child’s parents and professionals working together to plan and provide needed services. Professionals providing direct services include special education teachers, a school psychologist, an occupational therapist, a speech and language pathologist, and a school nurse. Bilingual services are also available.