STEM Career Day 2018
5th Annual Career Day
Friday, November 16, 2018
SHASTA DISTRICT FAIRGROUNDS
1890 Briggs St, Anderson, CA 96007
Originally founded by Shasta COE and the North State STEM Career Day Committee volunteers, made possible by generous donations from community partners, this regional event fosters our business community's support and resources on encouraging North State students to prepare for and pursue career opportunities in STEM fields. This annual "Ignite Opportunity" is a one-day event. The Shasta Fairgrounds will host the 2016/17 event that will be open to 9th grade students from Shasta, Trinity, Siskiyou, Modoc, Lassen and Tehama counties. Regardless of their specific interests, your students will benefit from this action packed day of:
- Dynamic, engaging presentations from professionals working in STEM fields in the North State
- Real-world anecdotes and advice about the educational paths to STEM career opportunities in our area and beyond
- Direct access to and interaction with local professionals and college students
- Challenging STEM activities fostering collaboration and engineering practices
- Tools to help them plan and prepare for work, post-secondary education and more!
Interested in sponsoring Ignite Opportunity 5.0?
If you choose to honor us with a sponsorship, please fill out the sponsorship form http://bit.ly/2018careerdaysponsor and submit payment by mailing a check payable to Shasta County Office Of Education, including a memo: “STEM Career Day”, along with the form to: Shasta COE STEM Education, ATTN: Chris Dell, 2985 Innsbruck Drive, Redding, CA 96003.
If you are interested in donating swag items for up to 1,400 student grab bags, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your consideration!