About Schreder Planetarium
Capturing the passion and curiosity of children, teenagers, and adults, the planetarium is a beautiful domed theater with a focus on science education for schools and the community. Under the leadership of Jack Schreder, our unique facility opened in 1979. It is a 10-meter domed theater with 65 seats, hands-on exhibits, and a gift shop. Schreder Planetarium is only open to the public during evening programs (scroll down for the ticket link).
Visiting Schreder Planetarium
All of programs have these engaging elements:
- Introductory demonstrations that create curiosity and explain astronomical phenomena.
- A curated selection of fulldome features, created specifically by our planetarium staff to allow for more learning and fun about the program topic. This customized show is presented by our staff.
- Fulldome shows that are like movies on the dome, creating an immersive 3-D effect that is unforgettable. Our field trips provide one show and our public evening programs have two shows.
- Time to explore the exhibits and gift shop.
- You can see trailers of many of our shows on our Trailers Page.
Register and Get Tickets Here!
Public Evening Programs: We offer evening programs at least twice a month for the public, usually on Friday nights.
Educational Field Trips are available during the school year and –NEW– for summer schools and summer programs. Learn more on our Field Trip Page.
Fulldome Show Descriptions and Trailers can help you decide the on the program for you.
Contact us at (530) 225-0243 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Friends of the Planetarium
The Friends of Schreder Planetarium is a nonprofit group that supports the planetarium with funds and volunteers, including operating the gift shop. In 2019 they funded 50% of the new projector - a major improvement in content, quality, and delivery. To be a Friend of the Planetarium just roll up your sleeves and bring your own talents and enthusiasm! Most volunteers help with evening programs by checking in guests or working in the gift shop. Some are Board members and some have unique skills in technology or education. If you would like to be a part of this exciting work and join the Friends of the Planetarium or call (530) 225-0243.