Shasta County Community Advisory Committee (CAC)

1644 Magnolia Avenue
Redding, CA 96001
Phone: (530) 225-0100
Fax: (530) 225-0105
Contact Us

Parents are encouraged to be an active member of their child's educational community. The Community Advisory Committee (CAC) acts in an advisory capacity to the Special Education Local Plan Area (SELPA). Shasta CAC supports individuals with exceptional needs and their families who live in Shasta County. This committee provides an opportunity for parents, special education teachers, general education teachers, other school personnel, representatives of related public/private agencies, school administrators and other community members to provide important input as it relates to our special education programs.

Shasta CAC meetings are open to the public. All interested parents, teacher, students, community members, and anyone who has an interest in special education are encouraged to attend.

The Shasta CAC has responsibilities under California Education Code 56194 that include, but are not limited to:

  • assisting in parent education supporting activities on behalf of individuals with exceptional needs
  • recommending annual priorities or focus for the SELPA
  • providing input to the Shasta SELPA Local Plan revisions Members include parents of students with disabilities and parents of other students, teachers and administrators of both special education and regular education, and representatives from other interested agencies. At least one-half of the Shasta SELPA CAC is composed of parents.

The Shasta CAC has a seven-member Governing Board. There is also a one-year general membership for any person attending a meeting. The Shasta CAC conducts at least four business meetings held during the school year. The meetings are open to all and are conducted in a facility that meets the American Disability Act standards. The Shasta CAC sponsors events and activities designed to support awareness of parent rights, services available within the community, and general disability awareness. The Shasta CAC provides legislative advocacy on issues affecting services to students with disabilities.

CAC Brochure 2020-21

CAC Flyer 2020-21

CAC Parent Letter 2020-21


The CAC would like your input concerning regional programs serving our local SELPA.  We encourage your participation in the survey using the link provided below.

Family on Bikes


Community Advisory Committee Meetings

Community Advisory Committee Meetings
SELPA Conference Room, 1524 Magnolia Avenue, Redding, CA 

Phn: (530) 225-0100

MEETING TIME: 11:00 am to 1:00 pm     

(Click on the date below to access agenda packet)


September 16, 2020 *
October 21, 2020 *
November 18, 2020 - CHGD TO November 10, 2020 *
December 16, 2020 - Special Meeting *
January 2021 - No Meeting
February 17, 2021 *
March 17, 2021 *
April 21, 2021
May 19, 2021
June 16, 2021

* Due to social distancing restrictions and guidelines related to the COVID-19 virus, some meetings may be held via video conference only.

Copies of previous agendas or minutes can be requested from the SELPA Office.

Every child is gifted, they just unwrap their packages at different times.